UPSC Kannada Literature Books
Similar to other optional subjects, Kannada Literature optional subject also has two papers- Paper I and Paper II. If the aspirants are not graduates of Kannada literature, it is recommended to join coaching. But it is not mandatory. In the end, aspirants’ confidence and efforts matter.
UPSC aspirants should read the following Kannada literature books for IAS to prepare for the Mains exam:
UPSC Kannada Literature Books for Optional Paper-I:
- Linguistic History of Kannada Language-M.H. Krishnaiah
- Kannada Bhasha Shastra- R.Y. Dharwadkar
- Kannada Sahitya Charitre- R.S. Mugali
UPSC Kannada Literature Books for Optional Paper-II
- Bettada Jeeva-Shivarama Karanth
- Madhavi-Arupama Niranjana
- Odalaala-Devanuru Mahadeva
- Devaru- A.N. Moorty Rao
- Janapada Swaroopa-Dr. H.M. Nayak.
- Janapriya Kanakasamputa-D.G Javare Gowda
- Kannada Janapada Kathegalu-J.S. Paramashivaiah
- Kannada Sanna Kathegalu-G.H. Nayak
- Kumaravyasa Bharata-Kumaravyasa
- Nambiyannana Raagale-T.N. Sreekantaiah
- Pampana Samastha Bharata Kathamrita-L. Basavaraju
- Shudra Tapaswi-Kuvempu
- Tughlaq-Girish Karnad.
- Vachana Kammata-K. Marulasiddappa K.R. Nagaraj
- Vikramarjuna Vijaya of Pampa