UPSC PRELIMS SYLLABUS
The syllabus for the Preliminary Exams for Paper-I:
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change
- General Science
The syllabus for the Preliminary Exams for Paper-II:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
Note 1: The issues in both Paper-I (present affairs) and Paper-II (aptitude test) will be multiple choice, the objective form for each 200 marks and the allocated time for each paper will be two hours.
Note 2: A qualifying document will be the CSAT aptitude test or Paper-II with only a minimum of 33 percent to be guaranteed to qualify for the Mains exam.
Note 3: Appearing in both the Civil Services (Prelim) exam documents is compulsory for the applicant. In case he or she appears in just one document of the (Prelims) test, the applicant will be disqualified. It is therefore compulsory for the assessment of the (Prelims) test to appear in both documents.